Almond milk is derived from almonds which are rich in protein. It has proven to be very beneficial for people who have lactose intolerance. In the Middle East and Medieval Europe, it was widely used as a popular beverage. The nutritional benefits of almonds are for the treatment of constipation and reduce the levels of blood sugar. These benefits can be obtained through its consumption. Listed below are the benefits of drinking almond milk on a regular basis.
The Advantages of Almond Milk
• Lactose-free – Lactose is a type of sugar that is present in cow’s milk. A lot of people are intolerant to lactose. Thus, these individuals will experience diarrhea, discomfort in the abdomen and bloating if they consume the almond milk. Since almond milk is extracted from almonds which happen to be a nut, these are derived from plants and do not have lactose. Hence, this can be an easy substitute in all places which utilize cow’s milk.
• Abundant of Essential Nutrients – Almonds contain large quantities of proteins and loaded with calcium, selenium, fiber, zinc, vitamin E, iron, phosphorus, manganese, potassium and magnesium. Since it is filled with healthy flavonoids, it can help reduce LDL cholesterol and protects the heart. High levels of vitamin E guarantees presence of potent antioxidants in the body. Antioxidants are capable of inhibiting the growth of free radicals which are known to cause malignancy. Almond milk has plenty of vital nutrients. Therefore, unlike other kinds of milk, it does not require to be fortified with vitamins and minerals.
• Has low calorie content – Since this beverage has fewer calories and contains no cholesterol and saturated fats, this is considered to be extremely healthy and good for people who aim to lose weight. Its health benefits will keep anyone fit and fine because it is power packed with nutrients.
• Healthy Alternative for the Diabetics – Consumption of carbohydrates through different foods are broken down into sugars which can increase the sugar content in the body. This is not considered necessary for individuals who are diabetics. For them, almond milk is a better alternative since it contains lesser amount of calories and carbohydrates. The body is capable of totally digesting the sugars and derives energy for enhanced functioning. This is because of its low glycemic nature.
• Beneficial for both the eyes and the skin – If pure almond milk is included in the diet, this will guarantee healthy skin and eyes. It has vitamin E as well as vitamin A in average quantities which are important for the maintenance of healthy skin. Furthermore, it helps the eyes stay in good condition so that the eyes will have no difficulty in adjusting to the differences in light present in the environment.