Turmeric is a rhizome which belongs to the ginger family. The health benefits coming from turmeric can be attributed to curcumin which is a group of antioxidant compounds seen in the rhizome. Also, it is curcumin that gives the yellow color to food in which turmeric is used. Listed below are the benefits of drinking turmeric tea.
• Turmeric tea is noted to fight against free radicals which are present in the body.
• It is known to protect the liver and will also enhance the circulation of blood in the body.
• Health of bones and joints is enhanced because of the consumption of turmeric tea.
• Turmeric tea consumption also helps clean the skin that is afflicted with acne. Not only will it heal the acne, it will also aid in the removal of the acne scar. Keep on reading about turmeric for acne.
• Turmeric tea is particularly beneficial to individuals who have diabetes. It helps in the prevention of hardening of arteries of those who are affected with diabetes.
• Also, people who have bursitis, tendinitis and arthritis can take advantage from the consumption of turmeric tea. It is useful in reducing the pain.
• Recently, some researches have pointed out that some chemicals found in turmeric can eliminate cancer cells.
• Another benefit of turmeric tea is it hinders the formation of gallstones brought about by cholesterol.
• Also, it fights inflammation of the gums, gingivitis and reduces bad breath.
• Furthermore, turmeric tea can help in calming a nervous stomach. It is also helpful in the process of digestion by stimulating the production of bile.
• People who have Alzheimer’s disease can benefit from consumption of turmeric tea on a regular basis.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
Turmeric tea can be produced with the use of powdered spice. Anyone can also avail of it in instant forms. If you like green tea, you can also obtain turmeric tea with a combination of green tea. Usually, ginger is combined with turmeric to produce tea. Maple syrup can also be added to the tea in case, you are not fond of the taste of honey.
• Four cups of water
• One teaspoon of turmeric powder
• One teaspoon of ginger powder
• Add honey according to taste
• One slice of lemon
- Bring to a boil four cups of water inside a small pot. Make sure that the water comes to a full boil.
- Add ginger powder and turmeric powder to the boiling water, lower the heat and allow the tea to simmer for about eight to ten minutes.
- Allowing the tea to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes will take out all the beneficial compounds found in turmeric.
- Take out the pot from the heat and try to strain the tea. This is done to filter out all the particles from turmeric and ginger.
- Add honey to the tea according to your taste as well as a slice of lemon. These two can make the tea suitable for eating.