Whey protein powder is a nutritional supplement which is filled with amino acids. This supplement is produced from milk and is known to be the byproduct of cheese. It is considered to be the most healthful protein supplement and is obtainable from health stores. Moreover, it is identified as a fast protein because it is immediately incorporated into the bloodstream and will give fast results. When consumed, it will be easy for the body to absorb and assimilate it. Body builders, sports enthusiasts and athletes utilize this diet supplement for formation of muscles and also as a source of energy. It can even be used as a replacement of meals since this does not have calories. Other benefits of whey protein powder include suppression of hunger and excess eating is prevented which can result to optimum loss of weight.
Whey Protein Dangers
Getting too much of anything can be detrimental to the body. Even if whey protein powder has a lot of positive effects on the body, excess of it can endanger the working system of the body. Given below are some of the side effects of whey protein powder which must not be disregarded. In case you have observed any of the following symptoms, you need to inform your doctor at once. He or she will be responsible in determining the exact cause and then provide proper treatment in curing the condition.
• One of the frequent side effects of whey protein is to experience an upset stomach. Moreover, this condition can be accompanied with pain in the stomach, flatulence and diarrhea.
• People who suffer from lactose intolerance must not use whey protein because this is derived from milk. It may set off allergic reactions such as itching, sneezing and skin rashes.
• Another potential danger of whey protein may be observed in the kidneys and liver. In due course, the residue of this supplement which is not digested will likely accumulate in the kidneys and liver. As a result, liver degeneration will occur to cause damage.
• Filtration of waste is the primary function of the kidneys. If there is additional whey protein in the body, the kidneys will have to work more so that the waste from the body can be eliminated. During the process, there is buildup of whey protein in the kidneys resulting to the formation of kidney stones or calcium deposits which could be dangerous to the kidneys.
• Another side effect of whey protein powder is fat gain. Even if this supplement is used in suppressing the appetite, its overuse can cause an increase in the calorie intake. This is due to the fact that the unused dietary supplement can be stored in the adipose tissue in fat form. Consequently, excess gain in weight is possible as well as increase risk for cardiovascular diseases.